Welcome to Spring A 2009 Quotes Blog

QUOTE RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS
~Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
~Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include interesting information about the quote author that is relevent to your response.
~Complete 3 drafts for in class revising, and editing sessions. ~You will need 2 peer edits per draft session.
~Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Use the required heading
(name, class, date, assignment name)
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your quote response essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
~When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of four).
~Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
~Pick four or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
~Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace and Serenity



"May today there be peace within"

-Mother Teresa

With all of the stress at this point in my life, I have to learn how to be calm and collected in the craziest of circumstances. "May today there be peace within" is one quote that constantly hits a nerve with me because I try so hard to avoid stress. This quote reminds me that I cannot go through life stressing over the little things. I am slowly learning that if I stress like this, that it does not help. I was recently diagnosed with an ulcer in my upper GI tract; the primary cause of this is stress! I obviously have to learn things the hard way. I am learning that if I can continually remember this quote I will eventually learn that by keeping myself calm and peaceful inside as well as outside my ailments will eventually heal themselves.
.
Mother Teresa was known for all of the good that she had done in her religion. Although she put on a facade of a very devout religious woman, what most people don't realize was that she was human (like everyone else in the world), she frequently had doubts of her religion. In fact, she quit praying and even doubted that Jesus and God existed. Unfortunately, she died with these doubts that she suffered from. Like Mother Teresa, I too have doubts about things in my life. I doubt myself, thus, making more stress about what people around me are thinking. I believe that if Mother Teresa could listen to the words that she spoke and listened to what her heart said she wouldn't have died with those doubts.

I think that if Mother Teresa could speak words that move people even today, and help those people get through their hard times, then I'm sure she found the answers to her doubts and unanswered questions. Her words are powerful as well as meaningful, if people were to think about just this one quote and use it in their own lives the world would be a happier place full of healthier, happier people.

5 comments:

  1. I really love how you realted your life to hers. It really makes all of the stuff about her more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to this because I stress about everything whether it be big or small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all stress over the smallest things so yes I agree that we should all follow this quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems normal how people stress about things. I need to take her advice about stress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand this quote. I stress over everything, which makes it seem worse that it is. I need to follow her advice. Good quote, good job!

    ReplyDelete