Welcome to Spring A 2009 Quotes Blog

QUOTE RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS
~Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
~Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include interesting information about the quote author that is relevent to your response.
~Complete 3 drafts for in class revising, and editing sessions. ~You will need 2 peer edits per draft session.
~Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Use the required heading
(name, class, date, assignment name)
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your quote response essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
~When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of four).
~Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
~Pick four or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
~Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Relationship or Companionship?

"You and me, we're in this together now. None of them can stop us now. We will make it through somehow. You and me, even after everything, you're the queen and I'm the king. Nothing else means anything."

- Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails "We're In This Together"


I believe with all my heart that all anyone needs in life is love. Whether is it love for your family, you faith, or your significant other, all you need to be happy is love. When I first heard the industrial metal band, Nine Inch Nails' song "We're In This Together", I felt it described a love that had been tested through time and trial, but had not been broken. I hope that one day I can relate this song to my reality and have a relationship that stays strong through thick and thin. To me, an ideal romantic relationship is one that can withstand whatever is thrown at it, and these lyrics definitely capture that idea. Ironically, this song is not at all about love. It is about two companions who are faced with what seems to be a never ending problem and one of the companions feels as if he can't get through it alone so he becomes very attached to the other. Trent Reznor, the lead singer of Nine Inch Nails, wrote this song inspired by David Bowie's song "Heroes". David Bowie's song has a similar message and similar lyrics. For example, the lyric "You're the queen and I'm the king" is found in both songs. Reznor is also the one and only true member of Nine Inch Nails. He assembles a band to perform the songs he has written and produced.

Everyone's interpretation of songs is different. Every time I hear this song, I will relate it to a perfect love, surviving all of life's tests.

4 comments:

  1. I love NIN! I think you did a good job on this paper and you really related the quote/lyrics to how you feel about love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all of us hope for that kind of love, especially women. Good job on your quote, i like how you use your life in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Nine Inch Nails and I think that love is a very importain part of life. It makes it worth living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is the truth. if you love someone then noone should be able to tell you otherwise

    ReplyDelete