Welcome to Spring A 2009 Quotes Blog

QUOTE RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS
~Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
~Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include interesting information about the quote author that is relevent to your response.
~Complete 3 drafts for in class revising, and editing sessions. ~You will need 2 peer edits per draft session.
~Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Use the required heading
(name, class, date, assignment name)
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your quote response essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
~When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of four).
~Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
~Pick four or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
~Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

BEAUTY ISN'T EVERYTHING

“It’s a good thing that beauty is only skin deep or I’d be rotten to the core.”
By Phyllis Diller


Is beauty really in the eye of the beholder? For some people they are not comfortable with themselves, even though other people tell them their perceptions of themselves are not true. I am one of those people who is not comfortable with myself.

Phyllis Diller is not one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, but she is comfortable with herself. She is a comedian known for her stand up comedy act, some supporting roles in movies, voices in cartoons, and guest appearances. She is also known for her wacky hairdo and her prop of a long cigarette holder, even though she has never smoked a cigarette in her life. Before her career in comedy, she studied and played the piano. She still plays the piano for her own enjoyment. Another little tidbit about her was, although she wasn’t easy on the eyes, she once posed for Playboy magazine but the pictures were never printed.

I enjoyed watching the roles she played in some of Bob Hope movies. She played a corky and crazy woman who did not attract many guys but she still went after them. I feel a connection with her because I also like to make people laugh. However, I am definitely not as comfortable with myself as she is. She makes me realize that people who are not as good looking can succeed in life.

4 comments:

  1. GREAT person to relate to! you really balanced your response to the quote with the information about her. Really good job on this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this quote, I think beauty is something that most women worry about and struggle with their own images. So your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great quote, most women worry about their looks and appearances. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that. Im not very comfortable with myself either but I cant go one day without making somebody laugh. I feel bad if I couldn't. I have also learned to just make fun of myself, it kinda helps cause I have learned to look at my own flaws and take them as a blessing cause without them how would I make people laugh?

    ReplyDelete